Dear First Lutheran Family,
We are, first and foremost, a community of faith that gathers around God’s Word and Christ’s table for nourishment in our lives of faith. We are committed to sustaining our worship life while we face discernment about our church building. We are grateful for the ability to worship together, beginning this weekend.
Sunday morning worship in December will take place at 9:00 a.m. (one service) at the Noble recital hall in the Jenson-Noble Hall of Music on the Luther College campus.
Parking should be readily available next to and near the building.
- Chancel choir will sing as scheduled this Sunday, meeting to rehearse at 8:30 a.m. in the choir room in the Jenson-Noble building.
- All regularly scheduled worship volunteers should plan to serve as usual (please contact the church office if you are unable).
- All 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. ushers and welcome teams should plan to serve together if possible – the more people able to direct and assist worshipers, the better.
- Saturday evening worship is canceled for the duration of December.
- Wednesday evening Advent worship is canceled for December.
- Sunday morning education (youth and adult) is canceled for the duration of December.
- Anyone who would like to share rides this weekend – as drivers or riders – please meet in the FLC parking lot at 8:30 a.m. this Sunday (December 9). For more information about this, contact Brenda Carlson (563-382-9411).
Please share this information with any neighbors and friends who might not receive electronic communications. A letter will be mailed out by the end of the week as well.
We continue to thank you for your presence, your prayers, and your flexibility. Please contact the church office if you are willing and able to help pack, transport, set up, and/or clean up worship materials later this week.
Please join us in worship this weekend! We need you and we need each other. Come and sing songs of Advent hope. Experience the love of God through our shared commitment to one another and our community of faith. We are grateful for you.
Pastor Chad, Pastor Melissa, and the FLC Church Council