Hi FLC! I’m Johanna Bergan (she/hers) and am currently serving my 3rd year on Council and just completed one year as Vice President. I live in downtown Decorah with my husband Joel Zook and children Margret (15) and James (11). Our family are long-time Decorahians and are glad to call FLC our church home. I’ve worked the last dozen years in nonprofit mental health advocacy spaces and am celebrating a few months of rest between my last career and what comes next. Days are full with middle and high school activities (all things theatre and music for Margret and basketball for James). My creative pursuits include yoga, knitting, weaving, lots of reading, and leading indoor cycling classes at T’d Up Fitness. At First I’m excited to support the newest small group for parents of teens and invite you to join me in a reading plan to read the Bible in one year.
- First Lutheran Church Grants $39,500
- Creation Care Team Green Tip: Invest in a Reusable Water Bottle
- Give Today! FLC & LSI Refugee Project
- FLC Considers Calling The Rev. David Severtson As Associate Pastor
- February Council Member of the Month: Johanna Bergan
- Call Committee Recommends a New Associate Pastor