Job Posting: Ministry Support Coordinator
Ministry Support Coordinator
The Ministry Support Coordinator manages the church office and collaborates with program staff to support and grow the ministries of First Lutheran Church. This position requires a motivated self-starter who can coordinate contributions from the ministry team, volunteers and members of the congregation; can manage details and deadlines while keeping an eye on opportunities to make strategic connections; and is committed to the values and ministries of First Lutheran Church.
The Ministry Support Coordinator position requires communication and hospitality skills via phone, email and social media. Candidates should demonstrate willingness to learn additional systems and platforms that may not be familiar.
Opportunities for training and professional development are provided.
Scope of responsibilities
- Information Management: Maintains the church member database, mailing lists and church calendar. Serves as the information hub for congregation and community. Responds to phone, email, and in-person inquiries and requests during church office hours.
- Communication Support: Produces bulletins, First Word newsletter, FLC annual report, weekly AfterWord, and other regular congregational publications and mailings. Assists with scheduling/posting to church social media platforms.
- Office Management: Oversees office systems and equipment. Orders supplies (office, cleaning, worship, etc.). Manages licensing and compliance paperwork. Schedules rooms and meetings. Coordinates office volunteers.
- Ministry Support: Works collaboratively with FLC staff; facilitates staff communication; provides needed staff support for programming and events; assists with volunteer coordination.
Education and/or experience
- High school diploma or GED (some college preferred) – minimum of three years working in an office environment
- Basic computer and clerical skills, including experience with word processing and databases
- Experience using social media platforms for business purposes, including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter
- Extensive customer service experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to convey positive image and build positive relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate professionally and tactfully with staff, congregation members and the public.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to multi-task.
The Ministry Support Coordinator reports to the Senior Pastor.
Hourly wage: commensurate with experience
24-30 hours a week. Hours may flex based on church programming.
This position offers health insurance benefits.
This position requires the following physical requirements: sitting for extended periods of time, light lifting.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org