On November 9, eight Iowa-based contractors were invited to submit bids for the building addition and renovation. The bids are due December 15. Then FLC has 60 days to negotiate and select a contractor. The Council will meet January 17 to make a recommendation for approval at the Annual Meeting on Sunday, February 5. In between the Council meeting and Annual Meeting there will be one in-person forum on Sunday, January 22 or 29, and one Zoom-only forum sometime January 22-31. The architects estimate construction will start in April, that we’ll need to vacate the office and education wing by June 5, and be able to use the sanctuary until Labor Day weekend.
- First Lutheran Church Grants $39,500
- Creation Care Team Green Tip: Invest in a Reusable Water Bottle
- Give Today! FLC & LSI Refugee Project
- FLC Considers Calling The Rev. David Severtson As Associate Pastor
- February Council Member of the Month: Johanna Bergan
- Call Committee Recommends a New Associate Pastor