2021-2022 EPIC Scholarships
The First Lutheran Church Trust Fund is offering EPIC (Educational Partners in Covenant) Scholarships to members who are enrolled or accepted to be enrolled fulltime at an ELCA college or university during the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. This scholarship is available to new and continuing undergraduate students attending an ELCA-affiliated college or university. Find the list at elca.org/colleges.
Our $1000 EPIC scholarships are matched by participating ELCA colleges. For example, Luther will match with an additional $1000 and Wartburg with $750. Students may apply each year for up to four years. What an amazing opportunity.
If you will attend an ELCA college or university in the fall, you are invited and encouraged to participate. It’s easy: complete the short application, which is also available at the church office. You are free and encouraged to apply as soon as you are accepted and commit to attend an ELCA college.
The Gipp Family Scholarship is awarded to an FLC member in their first year attending Luther College. Eligible students will be identified from submitted EPIC applications.
- The 2021-2022 application must be received at the church office on or before May 3, 2021. If an application is late or incomplete, an additional essay will be required, and funding is not guaranteed.
- Drop off the completed application at the church office or get it there by email or mail (604 W. Broadway, Decorah, 52101).
- Remember, continuing students must apply each year.
- While it is anticipated the congregation will continue to award $1000 EPIC scholarships, the allocation and availability of funds remains at the discretion of the First Lutheran Church Trust Fund Board of Trustees.
- Questions? Email Paul Berland, FLC Trust Fund President.